Submissions for the 2022 HBA Woman of the Year are now closed!
The winner will be announced in early 2022!
The HBA’s Woman of the Year (WOTY) honor is the healthcare and life sciences industries' premier award recognizing an individual who has served as a role model for excellence in leadership throughout her career. This respected individual may work for a large company or be an entrepreneur—the common denominator is that she has been an inspiration to many because of her leadership style, business acumen, and track record of nurturing and advancing top talent. Just as importantly, the Woman of the Year has been committed to advancing the influence and impact of women in the business of healthcare.
Historically the HBA has been fortunate that these gracious award honorees share their time with the HBA community throughout the year at national and local events. These opportunities give the Woman of the Year the forum to share her journey and connect with other women in the healthcare network on a more intimate level. And, WOTYs join an elite group of previous winners who continue to participate in the community for years to come.
Former HBA President and CEO Laurie Cooke with 2021 HBA Woman of the Year Dr. Sandra Horning, former chief medical officer and head of global product development, Genentech and Roche
Benefits of the recognition:
- Keynote role at the Woman of the Year luncheon
- Invitations to all HBA reception(s) and events associated with the Woman of the Year luncheon
- Active support to prepare for the Woman of the Year event:
- Three preparatory teleconferences prior to the event
- In-person rehearsal session at the hotel with speaker coach support
- Invitation to speak at HBA events such as global webinars and chapter programs, and to attend the Building Better Business Connections (3BC) summit
- Invitation for a three-year term on the HBA advisory board to provide guidance to the HBA board of directors
- Exposure to the HBA's community of 60,000 leaders in healthcare and life-sciences through all communication channels
- Inclusion in the historical references of the HBA leadership
- Future invitations in years to come to key HBA events including a brief keynote at the following year Woman of the Year event to recap your year as the Woman of the Year and share your learnings