The HBA’s Woman of the Year (WOTY) honor is the healthcare and life sciences industries' premier award recognizing an individual who has served as a role model for excellence in leadership throughout her career. This respected individual may work for a large company or be an entrepreneur—the common denominator is that she has been an inspiration to many because of her leadership style, business acumen, and track record of nurturing and advancing top talent. Just as importantly, the Woman of the Year has been committed to advancing the influence and impact of women in the business of healthcare.
Historically the HBA has been fortunate that these gracious award honorees share their time with the HBA community throughout the year at national and local events. These opportunities give the Woman of the Year the forum to share her journey and connect with other women in the healthcare network on a more intimate level.
2018 Woman of the Year Dr. Julie Gerberding (center) with
Kenneth Frazier, chairman & CEO, Merck & Co., and
Laurie Cooke, president and CEO, HBA
- Keynote at the WOTY luncheon 9 May, 2019 and attend associated reception(s)
- Attend invitation-only evening event(s) the prior evening 8 May, 2019
- Participate in preparatory activities for the 2019 WOTY event:
- three preparatory teleconferences prior to the event
- in-person rehearsal session the afternoon of 8 May, 2019 at the hotel
- Attend and/or speak at HBA events such as global webinars, chapter programs, the 2019 3BC summit, and the Annual Conference in mid-November, 2019
- Host the WOTY award dinner in 2020 to welcome the incoming Woman of the Year winner
- Provide brief remarks at the 2020 Woman of the Year Event to recap your year as the 2019 WOTY and share your learnings
- HBA Advisory Board member providing guidance to the HBA board of directors