Experience the value of an HBA membership
HBA global membership has grown to nearly 8,000 women and men representing leading biotech, healthcare products, managed care companies and pharmaceutical manufacturers; publishers, advertising, medical education and communications agencies, and other service providers. Association members have a strong commitment to helping each other advance their careers and look to the HBA for opportunities to work and network with women at all levels throughout the industry.
The HBA helps women connect to a professional community that is committed to learning and success in today’s complex climate. The HBA empowers members as they develop and hone their personal leadership agenda, knowledge and business acumen. Association involvement helps members remain at the cutting edge of market trends and create a network of contacts that are instrumental in achieving career goals.
Connect with like-minded professionals
- Expand industry connections and participate in discussions with access to the members-only HBA Community, featuring HBA online membership directory, exclusive forums and resource libraries.
- Participate in affinity groups based on your interests such as Women in Science, Women in Transition, Digital Innovators, Fit to Lead and Women in Healthcare IT
- Advance your career with access to the Career Center job search and discounts on job postings
- Gain admission to exclusive member-only events such as the Leadership Connections event at the HBA Annual Conference and the International Women’s Day virtual summit.
Share your expertise
- Increase your knowledge and access to thought leaders with a significant member discount for all HBA events and webinars including local events, Woman of the Year event and the HBA Annual Conference
- Enhance your personal development or give back to others by participating in mentoring programs with peers and industry leaders
- Receive a print subscription to HBAdvantage magazine (US addresses only)
Grow your leadership skills
- Develop expertise while gaining visibility and contributing to the services offered by the HBA by participating on volunteer committees
- Refine skills through leadership roles (negotiation, generating consensus, influencing without authority, presentation skills, team building, team management skills and more)
- Receive recognition of leadership contributions through volunteer awards
- Steer the future and governance of the association by nominating leaders and exercising voting privileges in the annual business meeting
Special membership rate for young professionals now available
The HBA is pleased to offer a new associate membership rate for those 30 and under. This membership rate is designed to attract emerging professionals and give them an introduction to the HBA. This is a membership type that includes all benefits of full membership except voting in the annual business meeting, the HBAdvantage printed magazine (PDF will be made available) and the ability to serve on boards (full membership required for those interested in receiving these benefits). If you have any questions please contact us.
Join the HBA now – Upon arrival to your HBA profile, scroll down to “My HBA Membership” then press “Join Now”
Renew your HBA membership – Upon arrival to your HBA profile, scroll down to “My HBA Membership” then press “Renew”
Please note that per our refund policy, HBA membership is nontransferable and nonrefundable