Nominations are now closed for the 2018 Woman of the Year. The winner will be announced in early 2018
The Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) 2018 HBA STAR will be formally recognized at the 29th annual HBA Woman of the Year (WOTY) event in New York City, on Thursday, 3 May, 2018. Nearly 2,500 leaders across the industry celebrate the year's honorees during the WOTY event that includes an inspiring luncheon program and innovative networking opportunities. The event is a stellar opportunity for companies to showcase their talent and their support for the advancement of women within their own organization. It is through the progress of gender parity in our industry that we will move the needle on the representation of women at the senior most levels and the resulting positive business outcomes. Also lauded will be the Woman of the Year, the Honorable Mentor, as well as a group of nearly 100 Rising Stars and Luminaries representing excellence in leadership from across the industry.
HBA STAR nominations are submitted by scores of fellow volunteer leaders who've seen firsthand the outstanding efforts made by those deserving of this prestigious award. The candidates are the most senior and impactful volunteer leaders and the recipient is the volunteer chosen because of the impact she/he has made over the years to the association globally.
HBA STAR candidates should plan to participate in the following:
- WOTY luncheon 3 May, 2018 with receptions pre- and post-luncheon at the New York Hilton Midtown
- Preparatory and ancillary WOTY events:
- three preparatory teleconferences prior to the event
- in-person rehearsal session the afternoon of 2 May, 2018 at the New York Hilton Midtown
- invitation-only evening events with past award winners the evening of 2 May, 2018 in NYC
- HBA Advisory Board member
- Attend and/or speak at HBA global webinars, chapter programs, and the Annual Conference in November 2018
- Complete the information sheet and collect references from people familiar with the candidate.
- There is no right or wrong length or format of the submission beyond the need to sufficiently address the candidate’s leadership attributes, list of HBA board and committee positions, and the impact she/he has had on the HBA globally.
- The completed information sheet with supporting letters of references should be submitted together–ideally as one document–by an individual serving as the key contact.
- Additional documentation in a variety of media are welcome, e.g. videos and web-based documentation.
- All contact from the HBA will be made with the named key contact.
- For those who wish to re-nominate a previous HBA STAR award candidate, please complete the information sheet and confirm that we are able to use previously submitted references.
- Current association board members are not eligible for this honor during the term of their board service.
- The nomination should be submitted to WOTY@HBAnet.org by Friday, 27 October, 2017.
- If you have questions regarding the nomination requirements or the potential for your company to be an HBA Corporate Partner or WOTY event sponsor, please contact Theresa Straub.