Congratulations to the 2021 HBA STAR Susan Torroella, chief operating officer, ArmadaHealth.
Submissions for the 2022 awards will open 16 August. Fill out this form if you intend to submit and we'll contact you with nomination information.
STAR (Strategic Transformation Achievement Recognition)
The third prestigious award presented at the annual HBA Woman of the Year (WOTY) event is the Strategic Transformation Achievement Recognition—also known as the STAR award.
This honor is unique in that it is presented to a volunteer who has strategically transformed the HBA. Since 1999, the HBA has recognized an extraordinary HBA volunteer who stands apart as an exemplary role model to others due to her/his demonstrated long-term commitment to gender parity and the ability to help the HBA further our mission and goals.
HBA STAR nominations are submitted by scores of fellow volunteer leaders who've seen firsthand the outstanding efforts made by those deserving of this award. Candidates are the most senior and impactful volunteer leaders at the HBA and the award recipient is selected because of the significant and global impact they have made to the association over the years.
Historically, STARs engage with the HBA in a number of ways throughout the year and join an elite group of previous winners who continue to participate in the community for years to come.
2021 HBA STAR Susan Torroella, former chief operating officer, ArmadaHealth.
Benefits of the recognition:
- Keynote role at the Woman of the Year luncheon
- Invitations to all HBA reception(s) and events associated with the Woman of the Year luncheon
- Active support to prepare for the Woman of the Year event:
- Three preparatory teleconferences prior to the event
- In-person rehearsal session at the hotel with speaker coach support
- Invitation to speak at HBA events such as global webinars and chapter programs, and to attend the Building Better Business Connections (3BC) summit
- Invitation for a three-year term on the HBA advisory board to provide guidance to the HBA board of directors
- Exposure to the HBA's community of 50,000 leaders in healthcare and life-sciences through all communication channels
- Inclusion in the historical references of the HBA leadership
- Future invitations in years to come to key HBA events