Nick Colucci of Publicis Health named 2018 Honorable Mentor by the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association
The Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) 2018 Honorable Mentor will be formally recognized at the 29th annual HBA Woman of the Year (WOTY) event in New York City, on Thursday, 3 May, 2018. Nearly 2,500 leaders across the industry celebrate the year's honorees during the WOTY event that includes an inspiring luncheon program and innovative networking opportunities. The event is a stellar opportunity for companies to showcase their talent and their support for the advancement of women within their own organization. It is through the progress of gender parity in our industry that we will move the needle on the representation of women at the senior most levels and the resulting positive business outcomes. Also lauded will be the Woman of the Year, the HBA STAR, as well as a group of nearly 100 Rising Stars and Luminaries representing excellence in leadership from across the industry.
- WOTY luncheon 3 May, 2018 with receptions pre- and post-luncheon at the New York Hilton Midtown
- Preparatory and ancillary WOTY events:
- three preparatory teleconferences prior to the event
- in-person rehearsal session the afternoon of 2 May, 2018 at the New York Hilton Midtown
- invitation-only evening events with past award winners the evening of 2 May, 2018 in NYC
- HBA Advisory Board member
- Attend and/or speak at HBA global webinars, chapter programs, and the Annual Conference in November 2018
Some best practices regarding Honorable Mentor nominations:
- Complete the information sheet and collect references from people familiar with the Honorable Mentor candidate.
- There is no right or wrong length or format of the submission beyond the need to sufficiently address:
- personal dedication to developing, mentoring and sponsoring women in the industry
- strong, committed advocate for current and future women leaders
- recognized gender ally, dedicated to maximizing female talent in their organization
- strong supporter of HBA’s core purpose to further the advancement and impact of women in the business of healthcare
- References should be testimonials from multiple people at different levels of the organization–direct reports, colleagues, senior corporate leaders–as well as other leaders in the industry and illustrate:
- Instances of how the candidate serves the industry such as volunteer roles and board service.
- Examples of the candidate’s ability to speak in both large and small audiences where he inspires listeners through effective storytelling and thought leadership.
- Confirmation that he has a compelling personal story that supports his “star power” impact.
- We are interested in a broad diversity of candidates and encourage nominations that demonstrate a variety of profiles, e.g. geography, industry, company size, functional area.
- The completed information sheet with supporting letters of references should be submitted together–ideally as one document–by an individual serving as the key contact.
- Additional documentation in a variety of media are welcome, e.g. videos and web-based documentation.
- All contact from the HBA will be made with the named key contact.
- For those who wish to re-nominate a previous Honorable Mentor award candidate, please complete the information sheet and confirm that we are able to use previously submitted references.
- The nomination should be submitted to WOTY@HBAnet.org by Friday, 27 October, 2017.
- If you have questions regarding the nomination requirements or the potential for your company to be an HBA Corporate Partner or WOTY event sponsor, please contact Theresa Straub.