What is the Honorable Mentor Award?
Presented at the annual HBA Woman of the Year (WOTY) event, the Honorable Mentor award is a highly-coveted industry accolade recognizing an individual who demonstrates a long-term commitment to advancing women in the workforce, is dedicated to developing, mentoring and promoting women in the industry, and is supportive of the HBA’s goals.
Created in 2001, this award salutes the many contributions and gender parity progress the honoree has achieved throughout their career.
Historically, Honorable Mentors traditionally engage with the HBA in a number of ways throughout the year and join an elite group of previous winners who continue to participate in the community for years to come.
2018 Honorable Mentor Nick Colucci celebrating with colleagues
- Keynote at the WOTY luncheon 9 May, 2019 and attend associated reception(s) at the New York Hilton Midtown
- Attend invitation-only evening event(s) the prior evening 8 May, 2019
- Participate in preparatory activities for the 2019 WOTY event:
- three preparatory teleconferences prior to the event
- in-person rehearsal session the afternoon of 8 May, 2019 at the hotel
- Attend and/or speak at HBA events such as global webinars, chapter programs, the 2019 3BC Summit and the Annual Conference in mid-November, 2019
- Host or attend the private award celebration dinner in 2020 to welcome the incoming Honorable Mentor winner
- HBA Advisory Board member providing guidance to the HBA board of directors