Since the HBA began honoring Rising Stars in 1998, we’ve recognized more than 1,000 talented women from our Corporate Partner organizations. As part of the 25th anniversary of the Woman of the Year (WOTY) event in 2014, the HBA honored 25 past Rising Stars as an inaugural class of Luminaries because they made a significant impact on the healthcare industry and/or experienced significant career advancement since receiving their Rising Star award.
Because this more senior award had such a positive response from our Corporate Partners, starting in 2015, Corporate Partners may now designate either a Rising Star or a Luminary. This new addition to the HBA family of awards was created based on feedback from our Corporate Partners. They now have the option of identifying and recognizing their more senior talent.
- Is an employee of the HBA Corporate Partner company
- Has more than 20 years of professional industry experience
- Serves as a role model in their company
- Actively mentors and sponsors others, with a track record of helping advance other women’s careers
- Exhibits dedication to the healthcare industry
- Is a shining example of transformational leadership that the organization wants to formally recognize
Luminaries are honored as leaders in the healthcare industry along with other award recipients at the annual Women of the Year (WOTY) event that attracts over 2,000 industry women and men.
Luminaries receive significant recognition including:
- Personal recognition from the podium
- Inclusion in all promotional materials for the event
- Acknowledgement in the special May issue of PharmaVOICE magazine
- Highlighted on the HBA website
- Invitation to the Rising Star / Luminary breakfast at the HBA Annual Conference
- Invitations to participate in key HBA chapter and corporate volunteer committees – gaining access to thought leaders with great visibility within the industry and experiential leadership opportunities