HBA’s 2020 Career Conversations Program
Vision and Visioning
Following a very successful series of webinars in 2019 focused on the characters of leadership, HBA’s 2020 Career Conversation series will convene industry leaders and experts to discuss the importance and impact of vision.
Sessions will be held at noon (EST), on the second Tuesday of the month during the months of May, July, September and October. That time slot best accommodates members spanning the west and east coast of the U.S. and those in Europe. Each session will provide timely, relevant content from a subject matter expert, real-world experiences and perspectives from industry leaders and an engaging virtual Q&A with participants.
Session dates for 2020 are 12 May, 14 July, 8 September and 13 October and will deep dive into the following themes related to vision:
12 May 2020: Hindsight is 2020: Making decisions and taking risks
- the best plans are living documents
- setting (and resetting) inspiring goalposts
- the importance of risk-taking
- embracing failure
14 July 2020: The Power of Visualization
- utilizing the power of visualization techniques
- visualization exercises/practices for self and team
- learning from (impressive) real-world examples
- “see it, to be it” exploring the importance of role models
8 September 2020: From Vision to Success (for self and business)
- Converting ideas into a successful reality
- “Lightbulb” moments becoming viable plans
13 October 2020: Giving Voice to Your Vision
- communicating your passion effectively
- socializing your vision to build commitment and support from your team, your organization
To recommend yourself or a colleague as a speaker or panelist on one of the above topics, email Emily Basca.
To suggest future program topics, email HBA’s value offerings, executive vice president, Liz Coyle.