Providing recognition to outstanding women in the industry is one way the HBA fulfills its vision to be the premier catalyst for the leadership development of women in healthcare worldwide and the mission to further the advancement and impact of women in healthcare worldwide.
LEAD (Leadership Excellence And Dedication) award
LEAD honors chapter volunteers who have:
- Served as a volunteer for at least six months and made a significant contribution during the current calendar year
- Demonstrated excellence via sustained contributions at a regional level
- Positively impacted the chapter and its ongoing success
- Exemplified leadership excellence overall
- Demonstrated dedication to the HBA mission of furthering the advancement and impact of women in healthcare worldwide
- Been a positive influence, and has made a positive impact upon others
Deserving volunteers are nominated by their respective chapter board members; the awardee is selected by a majority vote of the board.
The President’s Award is given to an HBA leader who exemplified effective leadership and dedication to the mission of the HBA and had a measurable impact on the HBA global organization, chapter operations, members and/or corporate partners.
This award recognizes a demonstration of commitment, passion and a drive for results that lead to the creation of a new process, product, service or level of recognition for HBA that has or will have a positive benefit to the association and/or a chapter's operations.
Council of Chapter Presidents’ award
This award is intended to recognize an individual who has demonstrated consistent leadership that directly progressed the CCP agenda, fostered collaboration throughout the council, and brought best practices to fruition across chapters.
Chapter Excellence award
This award recognizes an entire chapter board that has excelled in an area of chapter operations that exceeded the HBA’s membership and/or financial targets and the chapter’s own expectations.
The STAR: Strategic Transformation Achievement Recognition honors one member who has made a significant commitment and contribution to the association and its members. This award is given at the Woman of the Year (WOTY) event in May.