Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Honorable Mentor Award
On Thursday May 1, 2014, the HBA will honor our 11th Honorable Mentor at the 25th Woman of the Year event in New York City. Nominations are now open for this prestigious honor. Nominations are now open and due by December 31, 2013. Please consider male professionals who truly serve as exemplary role models for this highly prestigious award.
The HBA created the Honorable Mentor Award in 2001 to annually honor one man who has demonstrated a long-term dedication to developing, mentoring and supporting career advancement of women in the healthcare industry.
The Honorable Mentor may work for a large company, he may be an entrepreneur, or he may lead a function or a smaller organization. The common denominator is that he has demonstrated a sustained commitment to providing support to women to achieve their leadership potential.We would also welcome any examples of how your nominee has been actively and visibly supportive of the HBA and its mission to furthering the advancement and impact of women in healthcare worldwide.
The ideal candidate for Honorable Mentor will be able and willing to provide HBA’s leadership with reasonable access, and is able to commit to:
- Immediate confirmation of his availability to attend the events honoring him, including
- Meeting with the HBA immediate past president, president, CEO and chair of key stakeholder relations within 60 days of award notification and acceptance to discuss his specific areas of interest and involvement during 2014
- Attending the 2014 advisory board meeting, typically scheduled for early June
- rehearsal session the afternoon of April 30
- invitation-only dinner with past WOTY award winners the evening of April 30
- taped interview the morning of May 1
- WOTY luncheon on May 1 with receptions pre and post luncheon
Additional considerations for our Honorable Mentor include his interest and availability to:
- Chair and/or sponsor the 2014 advisory board
- Serve as guest speaker or panelist for HBA chapter programs most convenient and of interest in the 18 months following the award presentation
- Speak at and/or corporately sponsor a program on his “platform” leadership issue during the 18 months following award presentation
- Potentially, participate in 3BC events.
Submit your nominations for the 2014 Honorable Mentor. Download the nomination form and return it by the nomination deadline of Tuesday, December 31, 2013.
Some best practices regarding submission of your HM nomination:
- One or several people may serve as a committee to champion the process to complete the formal nomination form and collect testimonials from individuals, direct reports, colleagues, peers and other senior leaders who currently or previously have an established relationship with the HM candidate.
- Testimonials should address how the HM candidate has demonstrated his commitment to supporting women achieve their leadership potential and his impact on individuals, organizations and the healthcare industry, if appropriate. Letters from multiple sources, levels and other organizations or individuals which illustrate a broader perspective of the candidate is recommended.
- Completed nomination form and supporting testimonials should be submitted together by one individual serving as the “representative Nominator” to email@example.com for ease of processing and review by the nominating committee. Please designate one individual as the representative Nominator who serves as the point of contact for the nomination. HBA will be in touch with the representative Nominator during election process. Therefore, please provide the nominator’s contact information as well.
- For those who wish to re-nominate HM award candidate, please complete the nomination form confirming and validating the previously submitted nomination letters and references.
Questions? Write to WOTY@hbanet.org