The HBA FL adds further professional value to you as a member by offering many experiential leadership opportunities. Make the most of your HBA FL membership and become a volunteer in an area that best suits your skill, personal growth goals and time commitment.
As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to collaborate with HBA professional staff and Florida board directors. We are looking for dedicated women who can offer their professional expertise, time and enthusiasm to advance the leadership of women in healthcare.
There are many opportunities to get more involved, so please keep reading to see which opportunities best suits you.
The director leads the over all event management for the chapter including but not limited to: content development, logistics and submitting content into the HBA event management system.
This committee and the volunteers that join it will work together as a team to perform activities including:
- Topic brainstorming and development
- Speaker recruitment and management
- Coordinating logistics arrangements with local venue, including menu selection, room set up and guarantee numbers and dates
- Coordinating audio-visual equipment needs
- Managing event budget
- Developing and managing event timeline
- Coordinating with Apex Management to create and submit event forms to the HBA event team to generate eblast promotional messages and website posting
- Monitoring event registration numbers
- Oversee event on-site oversight and serve as the event host
- Coordinate with chapter marketing committee to locally publicize events (e.g., create flyers, utilize social media, etc.)
- Coordinate with market research team to develop on-line post-event survey
The experience of joining this committee is very varied and valuable!
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these positions please contact Kelli Rodriguez. She is keen to answer any questions you may have and match you to the volunteer experience that right for you.
If you are a company that would like additional information on corporate sponsorship opportunities or information sent to you regarding how the HBA may benefit your organization, please contact Summer Garber or Bonnie Lappin, HBA Florida directors of corporate relations.