As we kick off 2022, we in the HBA Pacific Region continue to offer programs and resources to support our members and help our community thrive.
First, reflecting on 2021, together we contributed not only to excellence at a chapter and regional levels but we also made a significant impact on the overall success and mission of the HBA. We accomplished some amazing things, and a few highlights are listed below:
- Almost 100 different events were held across the five chapters in our region, which more than 3,000 people attended
- We launched new initiatives to support our members, such as the eight-week program Be In Yours: A Brave Space, incorporating mental and physical health, fitness, and mindfulness. We also piloted our first in a three-part health equity series titled Striving For More, Better, Now - New Frontiers in Health Equity which focused on understanding the realities in delivery and access to healthcare, identifying the forces that impact its delivery, and learning ways to make an impact and measure change within our organizations.
- Our Mentoring Program was a resounding success, with 194 participants
- We worked with 34 corporate partners, of whom 15 were new in 2021
- More than 580 new members joined our region, bringing the total to over 1,500
- Almost 300 leaders volunteered their time - an increase of 60 percent from 2020
- Engagement on the HBA Pacific Region social platforms more than doubled
Looking forward to the next few months, we will continue to expand the HBA’s offerings and bring new solutions for our members and volunteers. In the next month, we invite you to join us (and help spread the word) for the following flagship programs:
- 2022 Mentoring Program: This nine-month program connects mentors and mentees in each chapter across our region in small group circles. Visit the website for more information and to register.
- 8th Annual JPM Insights and Trends: Each year, we present a keynote event to bring home the Key Insights and Trends that are discussed at the annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference. Join us to learn more about the important topics facing healthcare in 2022. Visit the website for more information and to register.
- Health Equity Series: Mark your calendars for 22 February and stay tuned for more information on the next session of this important series.
As you know, the HBA is able to provide its programs and services thanks to a team of dedicated women and men. If you’d like to get involved, please contact Imen Hannachi, HBA Pacific Region President of Volunteer Experience, and she can share the available opportunities with you to build your leadership experience, increase your visibility and professional connections, and advance your career.
I look forward to another great year working with our chapters and each of you to support our organization’s purpose to further the advancement and impact of women in the business of healthcare.
HBA Pacific Region Chair