What a tumultuous year we all are experiencing! Luckily, the HBA leadership you voted to serve you this year are exceptional and are successfully navigating the association with the dedicated and also exceptional staff team.
It is now time to recruit the strategic leaders for next year’s elected global board of directors and nominating committee roles to ensure we continue our successful progress as a diverse team of senior executives.
Please take a few minutes to review the role descriptions and how these opportunities could fulfill your personal and professional goals or pass along to senior leaders you respect so they’re aware of this industry leadership opportunity. Besides the sense of fulfillment to directly contribute to the advancement of gender parity, there are numerous tangible benefits with an expanded global network of industry leaders, access to the latest industry trends, raised visibility as an industry leader, and the opportunity to work side by side with top leaders who are collaborative and contribute to a thriving positive team culture.
Nominations are due by Monday, 20 July. We look forward to receiving your self-nomination. Letters of recommendation may be requested later in the process.
- You must be signed in to the HBA website to access the application. Sign in by clicking log in in the top right corner of the website or click here.
- Once signed in, click here to return to the nomination form and you will see the teal Apply Today! button just above “Description”
2021 Elected Leadership Positions:
- Directors at large – three (3) positions
- Representative, Council of Chapter Presidents – note: candidate must have served as a chapter president
Standing Committee of the Board:
- Nominating committee members – two (2) positions
We consider a broad range of attributes when reviewing the nominations to maintain a strong, diverse and strategic senior executive-level board capable of steering the association through challenges and opportunities facing the HBA in the coming year. In light of the recent and significant happenings in our industry and world, we will prioritize our efforts to fill our open roles with people who are comfortable working with high degrees of ambiguity, are appreciative of the importance that racial equity plays to ensure all women in our industry advance equitably, and to help us advance our racial and geographic diversity.
The following are important attributes the Nominating Committee looks for (please note that you do not need to meet every criterion to be considered):
- Transformational leader
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Previous board experience
- Strong healthcare industry network
- Global experience and cultural awareness
- Passionate about the gender diversity, inclusion and belonging topic
- Proven commitment to the HBA (e.g. membership, volunteering, speaking roles, corporate support)
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Highly accountable to drive result-oriented outcomes
If you are interested in any of the above positions, or if you have business colleagues or friends whom you think are qualified and interested, please bring this opportunity to their attention. And thanks in advance for your contribution to a strong 2021 leadership.