On Tuesday, 18 February 2020, HBA Houston had the honor of hosting our second Leadership Roundtable event at the new Westin Houston Medical Center. HBA Houston attendees had the opportunity to participate in a round-robin of table discussions featuring a dynamic selection of healthcare and pharmaceutical industry leaders.
Speakers pictured from left to right:
- Juny Simpson, healthcare executive director, Houston ecosystem, Genentech, Inc.
- Anne Ramsey, district business manager, Pfizer Inc.
- Janice L. Miller, department administrator, Houston Methodist
- Mandy Breckbill, healthcare executive director, Houston ecosystem, Genentech, Inc.
- Terri Rivera, director, strategic accounts, Johnson & Johnson
- Colleen Henry, district business manager, Pfizer Inc.
- Debbie Platts, executive coach, JWP Coaching
- Dorothy Polston, area sales director, Horizon Therapeutics
- Clarissa Kelly, area sales director, Horizon Therapeutics
- Sonya Tucker, regional business leader, Sanofi
- Sherita Dorsey-Peete, vice president sales, GlaxoSmithKlein
- Vanesha Bailey, regional manager, Allergan
More than 95 HBA Houston members and non-members attended this HBA Houston signature event to enjoy an evening of head-to-head networking with many of our 12 speakers and other event attendees. This was an exciting evening that provided all attendees an incredible opportunity to discover the trajectory of our leader’s professional career and how they achieved their success, as well as gain valuable insights towards their own professional growth. We appreciate the candor and openness of our speakers in sharing their personal stories with the group.
Our chapter’s success couldn’t be accomplished without our dedicated volunteers. Thank you to our moderators, Kalia Aparicio, Sirisha Burra, Lisa Clissold, Amber Doss, Jenny Frantz, Tracy Griffin, Michelle Herring, Shauntell Kelly, Debbie Leder, Shandy Reed, Venice Richardson and Nate Sylvester and our event volunteers, Shoa Alassali-Kullab and Shandy Reed for their many contributions to make this event a huge success.
Thank you once again to our honored speakers for an incredible evening. We greatly appreciate the impact that each of you has had on our professional development and hope to have all of you come again.
At this event, HBA Houston also had the opportunity to recognize other HBA members for their contributions. The HBA Honored Volunteer award was presented to Kristina Bontrager, director of catering, Westin Houston Medical Center for leading and ensuring the success of this event. We also recognized Spark award recipients, Amber Doss, Tracy Griffin and Michelle Herring for their “burst of awesomeness”.
We hope to see everyone at our next event on Tuesday, 31 March – Make An Offer They Can’t Refuse: Real World Negotiation Skills. To stay informed of HBA Houston events and news, check-out the HBA Houston page and follow us on LinkedIn, #HBAHouston and #HBAImpact or follow the HBA Southwest Region page.