As we adjust to the new norms around COVID-19, we want to be sure our valued HBA community has time to deal with the effects of the virus on your workload, increased family obligations and other day-to-day disruptions. To that end, we are extending the deadline for Annual Conference breakout submissions to ensure you have ample opportunity to complete the form and showcase your expertise. The new deadline for submission is 22 May 2020.
The HBA is seeking engaging and dynamic breakout speakers for the 2020 HBA Annual Conference in Chicago, IL 17-19 November. This year’s theme is Amplify Your Leadership Vision and Voice.
On the cusp of a new decade, the 2020 HBA Annual Conference will invigorate and inspire attendees with experiential learning from top professionals and enriching networking opportunities to connect attendees with peers and industry leaders.
We are seeking speakers who can actively engage an audience for 75-minutes through presentations that educate, challenge and excite attendees. Preference will be given to those that offer strategies for engaging attendees before, during and after the conference experience.
Priority topics for 2020 include:
- Leading with vision and voice
- Industry trends, future outlooks, disruption
- Optimizing diversity
- Proven techniques for progressing careers
- i.e. communication skills, persuasion, confidence, negotiation, brand development
- Mentoring, coaching, sponsorship
- Working with and leading diverse or remote teams
- 185+ healthcare and life science companies
- 50% director and above
- 75% have 10+ years of industry experience
- Functions spanning research through commercialization and all those in between
- Individually and collectively committed to accelerating the advancement and impact of women in the business of healthcare
This conference brings together women and men at varying stages of their careers to build business connections for a sustainable leadership advantage, learn from thought leaders to broaden perspectives and develop actionable insights. Attendees come to convene with great minds from across all sectors of the industry as we work together to further the advancement and impact of women in the business of healthcare.
Submissions will be accepted through 22 May 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. See a preview of the information required in the submission portal.
We hope to see you in Chicago this November!