We are enjoying a tremendous year thanks to the excellent leaders you voted to serve you this year on the 2019 HBA board of directors and nominating committee. It is now time to recruit the strategic leaders for next year’s elected leader roles to ensure we continue our successful progress as a diverse team of senior executives.
Please take a few minutes to review the role descriptions and how these opportunities could fulfill your personal and professional goals or pass along to senior leaders you respect so they’re aware of this to industry opportunity. Beside the sense of fulfillment to directly contribute to the advancement of gender parity, there are numerous tangible benefits with an expanded global network of industry leaders, access to the latest industry trends, raised visibility as an industry leader and the opportunity to work side by side with top leaders.
Nominations via an online form are due by Monday, 12 August. We look forward to receiving your nomination and encourage self-nomination.
- You must be signed in to the HBA website to access the application. Sign in by clicking log in in the top right corner of the website or click here.
- Once signed in, click here to return to the nomination form and you will see the Apply Today! teal button just above “Description”
Membership-elected leadership positions open for 2020:
- Directors at large – three (3) positions
- Representative, Council of Chapter Presidents (elected by sitting chapter presidents); candidate must have served as a chapter president
Standing Committee of the Board:
- Nominating committee members – two (2) positions
Every year we work towards building a strong, diverse board. We consider a broad range of attributes when reviewing the nominations to maintain a strong, diverse and strategic executive-level board. Please note that you do not need to meet every criterion to be considered.
- Transformational leader
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Previous board experience
- Strong healthcare industry network
- Global experience and cultural awareness
- Knowledgeable about gender diversity
- Proven commitment to the HBA (e.g. membership, volunteering, speaking roles, corporate support)
- Corporate support for your elected role
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Highly accountable to drive result-oriented outcomes
If you are interested in any of the above positions, or if you have business colleagues or friends whom you think are qualified and interested, please bring this opportunity to their attention. And thanks in advance for your contribution to a strong 2020 leadership.