Calling all members – are you interested in becoming more involved with HBA Indianapolis in 2019? Are you looking to expand your skill sets while furthering your connections and networks and having a positive impact on gender parity? We would love to have you assist one of our many committees working to deliver an enriching member experience, growth opportunities and increasing chapter engagement.
What volunteer roles are available?
We currently are looking to add about five or more volunteers to each of our following committees:
- Marketing/communications committee - Apply here
- Assist with event promotion, current Indy chapter news event communications and social media engagement/strategies; and further connections with members in new, engaging ways
- Programming committee - Apply here
- Be a key player in event planning, create strategies for leading events across competency areas and further operational management skills by managing events as needed throughout the year.
- Engagement committee - Apply here
- Sustain and enhance the processes used to support members throughout their HBA volunteer experience and lead membership recruiting and retention initiatives for the chapter
What does volunteering entail?
To ensure our chapter is able to grow and help be a driving force for change in the Indianapolis area, volunteers generally spend a few hours per month helping the chapter and working with their committees. Each committee meets on an ongoing basis (about once per month) and works as a team to coordinate schedules and delegate current/future tasks.
What are the benefits of becoming a volunteer?
Being a volunteer helps our chapter remain impactful and as a driver of change for gender parity, but also offers individuals a chance to develop new skill sets and learn about areas which they are looking to expand their experience and knowledge. Leadership recognition and awards are also handed out each year to recognize our outstanding team members.
If you are interested in learning more please contact, Shannon Johnson, to connect with a committee that aligns with your personal and professional passions and talents.