We are enjoying a tremendous year thanks to the excellent leaders you voted to serve you on the HBA 2018 board of directors and nominating committee. It is now time to recruit the strategic leaders for next year’s elected leader roles to ensure we continue our successful progress as a diverse team of executives.
Please take a few minutes to review the role descriptions and how these opportunities could fulfill your personal and professional goals. Beside the sense of fulfillment that you have directly contributed to the advancement of gender parity, there are numerous tangible benefits with an expanded global network of industry leaders, access to latest industry trends and the opportunity to work side by side with top leaders
Nominations via an online form are due by Friday, 10 August. We look forward to receiving your nomination. There will be additional leadership roles in the coming weeks and encourage you to consider these opportunities as well, as there are only a limited number of roles available on the board and nominating committee.
- You must be signed in to the HBA website to access the application. Sign in by clicking log in in the top right corner of the website or click here.
- Once signed in, click here to return to the nomination form and you will see the Apply Today! teal button just above “Description”
Membership-elected leadership positions open for 2019:
- Directors at large – three (3) positions
- Representative, Council of Chapter Presidents (elected by sitting chapter presidents)
Standing Committee of the Board:
- Nominating committee members – two (2) positions
Every year we work towards building a strong, diverse board. We consider a broad range of attributes when reviewing the nominations to maintain a strong, diverse and strategic executive-level board. Please note that you do not need to meet every criterion to be considered.
- Transformational leader
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Previous board experience
- Strong healthcare industry network
- Global experience and cultural awareness
- Knowledgeable about the gender diversity topic
- Proven commitment to the HBA (e.g. membership, volunteering, speaking roles, corporate support)
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Highly accountable to drive result-oriented outcomes
If you are interested in any of the above positions, or if you have business colleagues or friends whom you think are qualified and interested, please bring this opportunity to their attention. And thanks in advance for your contribution to a strong 2019 leadership.