On Tuesday, 14 November, the HBA will release a podcast, Communicating Techniques for Navigating Gender Bias- Part Three: How to Advance Your Career Through Self-Promotion, from 12:00-1:00 PM ET and a Twitter chat will immediately follow the podcast. This is the third in a series of podcasts where we will explore the recommendations taken from Breaking Through Bias – Communication Techniques for Women to Succeed at Work by Andrea Kramer and Alton Harris, released May 2016, Chapter 8.
The podcast will feature guest speakers:
Denice Torres, 2015 HBA Woman of the Year
Kristy Aro. associate director, business development at Arbor Scientia, and HBA VP, NY chapter
Linda DaSilva, life sciences, business development, and alliance manager at EY.
(Moderator) Julie Kelly, consultant, TalentMatRx.
Immediately following the podcast, we will explore this topic further in our #HBAimpact Twitter chat hosted and moderated by Jandis Price, president, Price Healthcare Consulting, LLC. Here are a few questions to consider in advance. Actual questions will post during our live Twitter chat on 14 November at 12:00 PM ET.
- What do you admire most about successful colleagues? Explain.
- Share a time in your career where you needed to advocate for yourself to get a promotion or key assignment? Key learnings?
- What concerns you most about self-promotion?
- In your career, have you ever informally become aware of a career opportunity which you pursued and was considered for? Outcome?
- What did you learn by not getting a promotion?
- How will you prepare to ask for a promotion?
- How can other women help you advance in your career?
#HBAimpact Twitter chat tips:
- We recommend that you use a tool that makes chatting easier like www.tchat.io (easiest) or www.tweetchat.com
- To join the Twitter chat, use #HBAimpact to log in using a chat tool, then sign into your Twitter account.
- The chat tool will insert #HBAimpact at the end of each of your tweets and you will see all the tweets and questions on one screen.
- Look for structured questions and please add A1, A2, A3 in front of your answers to make it easier to follow the stream.
We look forward to your joining the HBA pdcast and #HBAimpact Twitter chat on 14 November at 12:00 PM ET.