We are enjoying a tremendous year thanks to the excellent leaders you voted to serve you on the HBA 2017 board of directors, working closely with the many other committed volunteers and exceptional professional staff. It is now time to recruit strategic leaders for next year’s elected leader roles that will be voted on by the membership at the annual business meeting on 26 October.
Please take a few minutes to review the role descriptions and how these opportunities could enhance your personal and professional progress. The benefits of these leadership roles are an expanded network of industry leaders, access to a wide variety of perspectives, enhancement of your leadership skills as you work side by side with the best leaders and a sense of fulfillment that you have directly contributed to the advancement of gender parity.
Nominations via an online form are due by Monday, 14 August 2017. We look forward to receiving your nomination(s) and we strongly encourage self-nomination. Additional appointed senior leadership roles will be accepting candidates in the coming weeks.
Membership-elected leadership positions open for 2018:
- Secretary/treasurer – a combined role this year
- Directors at large – up to four (4) positions
- Representative, Council of Chapter Presidents (elected by sitting chapter presidents)
- Nominating committee members – two (2) positions
Every year we work towards building a strong, diverse board. We consider a broad range of attributes when reviewing the nominations that helps us to maintain an effective, strategic and representative leadership team. Please note that you do not need to meet every criteria to be considered.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Previous board experience
- Solid financial management skills
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Strong healthcare industry network
- Collaborative team player
- Highly accountable to drive result-oriented outcomes
- Commitment to the HBA (e.g. membership, volunteering, speaking roles, corporate support)
- Global experience
- Energy, ideas and enthusiasm to positively influence the advancement of women in healthcare
If you are interested in any of the above positions, or if you have business colleagues or friends whom you think are qualified and interested, please bring this opportunity to their attention. And thanks in advance for your contribution to a strong 2018 leadership.
2017 HBA nominating committee chair and HBA chair emeritus