HBA Kansas City held another engaging event (sponsored by Quintiles IMS) to help healthcare business women develop their professional presence on social media, emphasize the importance of developing their personal brand and provide valuable tips for a powerful LinkedIn profile.
As LinkedIn is the #1 source for finding a job/candidate with 85% of all jobs are found by networking, and the largest professional networking site with over 467 million users, it is obviously important to have a powerful LinkedIn profile. Gail shared the following tips to help PowerUp your LinkedIn profile:
- Establishing your personal brand is a critical component of career management
- Communicate who you are, what you do, and how you do it
- Craft your story as a clear expression of who you are, making it short, simple and easily understandable
- A professional photo is a must - a special thank you to SC Motion and Stills (courtesy of Wheatland Productions) who donated 32 headshot photographs and raised $290 for the American Cancer Society
- Create a defining headline
- Ensure to include an impactful summary section
- The first two lines are the most important lines, make them count
- Define your value business problems you solve
In addition, Right Management graciously donated (3) 30 minute LinkedIn sessions to three randomly selected winners. Congratulations to Ann Willer from PRA; Bonnie Weyer from QuintilesIMS; and Alex Kauffman from Teva Pharmaceuticals.
Feedback was tremendous and everyone left with some practical ideas to achieve “all star” status with their LinkedIn profiles.
We hope you will join us at the next HBA KC upcoming event “ConnectCafe” (sponsored by Perfect Promotions) taking place 28 March from 7:30– 8:30 AM at Scooters Coffee located at 11106 Antioch Rd, Overland Park KS 66201. We hope to see you there.
Thank you event sponsor: