An interactive and informative evening was had by all that attended the March 13 HBA Chicago chapter event entitled “An Evening of Personalized Advice from HBA Mentors and Healthcare Executives”. Approximately 130 attendees participated in several round table discussions focused on career development and key issues facing women in healthcare.
Each table included a key senior leader discussing one of 10 different topics, ranging from emotional balance at workplace to dealing with restructuring and mergers. Attendees were given an opportunity to ask questions related to their specific situation. Senior leaders responded and subsequently opened up the discussion to everyone at their table. Participants had a chance to rotate to another table about halfway through the evening.
Senior leaders included:
- Joni Bradley, president and CEO, The JB Ashtin Group, Inc
- Jenny Colombo, vice president scientific strategies and communication, Takeda
- Beth Dean, vice president, epilepsy, Lundbeck
- Jen Dickerson, head of talent management, Americas, Takeda
- Kelly Glivar, VP/GM, acute care proprietary pharmaceuticals, Hospira
- Donna Kopera, VP operations and strategy, Baxter Healthcare
- Sandy Macrae, global medical officer, Takeda
- Nicki Norris, CEO, Symphony Clinical Research
- Catherine Palin, DVP human resources, Walgreens
- Amy Papranec, VP, transparency, Stryker Corporation
- Lydia Rohn, Sr. director, HR, Walgreens
- Sheri Staak, VP, sales at Boehringer-Ingelheim
- Jane Ware, VP human resources, Lundbeck
- Laurie Wessels, president, The Wessels Group, Inc.
- Sally Benjamin Young, vice president, public affairs, Lundbeck
The round table discussions were preceded by an open networking session where members and non-members were given an opportunity to reconnect with old friends and meet new participants. The event was organized to provide members insight into the highly regarded mentoring program that kicks off in early April. The HBA Chicago chapter mentoring program received recognition at the 2013 Leadership Conference.
Submitted by Kristi De Legge