Contact: Dawn Brehm
HBA Research Triangle Park chapter
email@example.com / 919-280-8385
The Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) RTP chapter has chosen yet another group of dedicated and dynamic women to lead them in 2014.
Tasked with increasing engagement and ensuring that the needs of the chapter’s individual members and corporate partners are met, this year’s executive committee and board of directors collectively recognize and exemplify the vital role that the HBA plays in the advancement of women in the healthcare industry. They comprise:
Chapter board executive committee:
- President: Nannette Stangle-Castor, president and founder, InnoVector Tech, Inc.
- President-elect: Amanda Rhodes, director, strategic solutions, McKesson Patient Relationship Solutions
- Vice president: Doreen Grech, director, business development, UCB, Inc.
- Secretary: Ruth Williams, senior manager, product information, Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Company
- Treasurer: Carey Wagner, senior financial analyst, GlaxoSmithKline
- Immediate past president: Nina Patel Lahanis, vice president, business development and marketing, Drug Safety Alliance
Chapter board of directors:
- Corporate relations: Charlene Dark, customer operations director, Quintiles
- Market research and marketing: Dawn Brehm, chief operating officer, Society of Pharmaceutical and Biotech Trainers
- Marketing: Lorra Gosselin, senior associate, CMG Partners
- Membership: Robin Gallagher, medical communications operations manager, PPD
- Mentoring: Kim Boericke, vice president and managing director, customer solution management group, Quintiles
- Programs: Robin Whitsell, president, Whitsell Innovations, Inc.
- Volunteer engagement: Schanel Mize, sourcing manager, GlaxoSmithKline
“Coming off the momentum of our fabulous end-of-the-year celebration and benefit for the Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast Affiliate, I’m thrilled to have the privilege of leading the HBA RTP chapter in 2014,” said Nannette Stangle-Castor, HBA RTP president and president and founder, InnoVector Tech, Inc.
“Our goal this year is to increase engagement,” Stangle-Castor continued. “Engagement within our association so we can continue to learn from and support each other, engagement with the broader RTP community so we can share valuable program offerings beyond our own membership, and engagement with our wonderful and highly valued volunteers to ensure that their time commitment to the HBA is personally and professionally rewarding and enjoyable.”
The HBA RTP chapter will offer a full calendar of programs and events in 2014, including evening programs on cutting edge topics in healthcare, networking luncheons that feature presentations on topics related to career development and social media, as well as a mentoring program designed to teach critical leadership skills, help establish and foster career goals, and create strong peer networks.
About the HBA
The HBA is in its fourth decade as a global not-for-profit organization dedicated to furthering the advancement of women in healthcare worldwide. It has more than 6,150 individual members and over 130 corporate partners. It is widely recognized as the catalyst for leadership development of women in healthcare worldwide. Founded in 2005, the HBA RTP chapter seeks to foster professional growth and build personal relationships among women within the healthcare community in North Carolina. It has more than 220 members reflecting a diverse group of healthcare professionals from the pharmaceutical, biotech, and services industries, and its overarching goal is to deliver high value to its members by fostering professional growth and helping to build personal relationships. The HBA is open to both women and men who are professionals in the healthcare industry as well as service providers that support healthcare including educational institutions, banking enterprises, and marketing and professional services organizations. You can follow HBA-RTP on Twitter, connect on Facebook and LinkedIn, and visit the chapter website or join the Meetup group for more information and to register for upcoming events.
Find us online: