Heather Van Ness
Van Ness Communications
Heather Van Ness is a seasoned independent communications professional. With nearly 20 years public relations and marketing communications experience in nonprofit, corporate and agency settings, Heather specializes in developing creative and impactful product and corporate communications programs and managing staff and strategic partners to deliver outstanding results.
Heather’s health sector experience ranges from ethical pharmaceuticals to biotech, devices, patient advocacy and retail pharmacy. She has worked extensively in cardiovascular and infectious diseases, men’s and women’s health, nutrition, oncology, organ transplant and pain, and has meaningful experience with other medical specialties.
Prior to establishing an independent consultancy, Heather worked for Hoffman La-Roche, Ruder Finn Healthcare and Stawasz & Partners, and played key in-house consulting roles at Pfizer and the Coriell Institute for Medical Research.
Heather is in her second year as an HBA member and has played leadership roles on several HBA Metro chapter committees, including Careers in Transition, Connections Dine Around, volunteer engagement and the Women’s Healthcare Innovation and Leadership Showcase.
About the LEAD (Leadership Excellence And Dedication) Award
LEAD honors chapter volunteers who have:
- Served as a volunteer for at least six months and made a significant contribution during the current calendar year
- Demonstrated excellence via sustained contributions at a regional level
- Positively impacted the chapter and its ongoing success
- Exemplified leadership excellence overall
- Demonstrated dedication to the HBA mission of furthering the advancement and impact of women in healthcare worldwide
- Been a positive influence, and has made a positive impact upon others
Deserving volunteers are nominated by their respective chapter board members; the awardee is selected by a majority vote of the board.