The HBA Boston chapter is looking forward to an outstanding 2nd half, following on the heels of our great start for the year. Our 2013 programming theme has been “equipping for change.” We in the HBA, as well as all of healthcare, are facing tremendous changes as new healthcare policies are being implemented and all companies and providers struggle with cost-effective access to health therapies and services. As we build on our career plans, we face the challenge of staying current with the dynamic environment in which we are operating, and the HBA is here to help.
We have strong programming planned for the 2nd half of the year, thanks to our talented program directors and their committees. Here is the line-up for the rest of 2013:
- General program (GP) events:
- “Market Value in a Changing Global Environment” will discuss global market access, following on the highly successful market access event held earlier this year. The Fall event will include global perspectives with panelists representing pharma, biotech, medical devices and diagnostics. It will be sponsored and hosted by AstraZeneca, September 17, 5:30-9:30 PM at AstraZeneca in Waltham. Registration is now open for this event.
- The general program for November will focus on customer needs from the position of both a physician and a patient.
- Leadership Success Series (LSS) members-only workshops:
- “Succeeding in a Time of Transition and Change” will be an all-day experiential workshop focused on exploring and enhancing the impact of women’s power and presence in the context of their role as change leaders in the life sciences industry. It will be September 18, 8 AM to 4 PM at AVEO Oncology in Cambridge. Registration is now open. A letter to present to your supervisor, justifying time away from the office for this event can be downloaded from the HBA website.
- The 4th quarter event will be a webinar; topic TBD
- Executive Women Series (EWS) invitation-only dinner events:
- Michele Derai, CEO and president of Aptel Research, August 13. Invitations have been mailed. Check your email for notices from the HBA.
- Deborah Dunsire, CEO, EnVivo Pharmaceuticals (former CEO, Millennium Pharmaceuticals), October 2. Watch for your invitation from HBA this Fall.
- 4th quarter event: November or December
- Women in Science (WIS) programs:
- Alternative Careers, in October – always a popular and well-attended event. Watch for further announcements.
- 4th quarter WIS Program – topic TBD
- Volunteer program and annual meeting (open to all), October 10. Registration to open next week.
- “Discover Your Passions Workshop” with Janice Caillet. The workshop will focus on 1) what you love to do, 2) for whom or for what and 3) the benefit or value they receive. It will further help you create fun and interesting ways to express your purpose to others and for yourself.
- The event will also honor our CAP Award (Contribution and Participation Award) winners.
- And, the event will host HBA Boston chapter’s annual meeting and election of officers.
- A mentors-only event will be held September 19 at the Broad Institute. If you are a 2013 mentor, watch your email for announcements.
- A celebration and review event for all participating 2013 mentors and mentees will be in October
- Annual holiday party, December
- This annual event will top off the year with outstanding speakers and celebration of successes.
- The HBA annual Leadership Conference, November 13-15, will be in Boston
- This annual conference brings together women and men at all stages of their careers to improve or learn vital skills, share leadership insights and further develop and refine leadership capabilities through expert panel discussions, small group workshops and other interactive formats.
- The 2013 event will work under the theme: “Art and Science of Leadership”. This year will also feature an executive women’s forum workshop track.
The focus of all 2013 programs will be to provide career tools for businesswomen in all segments of healthcare (biotech, pharma, med device, provider, payer and data support) by giving them an understanding of how the changes in our healthcare environment affect career opportunities and how to better navigate this changing landscape.
As always, watch our Boston homepage for program announcements.