The HBA Atlanta chapter seeks nominees for the 2014 Woman in Healthcare Leadership Award to recognize an Atlanta-area woman who exemplifies strong and innovative leadership.
Providing recognition to outstanding women in the healthcare industry is one way the HBA fulfills its vision to be the premier catalyst for the leadership development of women. The HBA Atlanta chapter introduced the Woman in Healthcare Leadership Award in 2011 to recognize standout leadership by women in the Atlanta healthcare community.
Submit your candidate for the prestigious 2014 Woman in Healthcare Leadership Award by completing the nomination form (as soon as possible but not later than August 31, 2014) via this link.
Woman in Healthcare Leadership Award candidate criteria:
- Significantly impacted the successful achievement of business goals and objectives at an healthcare company
- Sets an example to others through a demonstrated commitment, passion and desire to contribute to their organization and/or the industry overall
- Shows a commitment to mentor and/or sponsor women by guiding others to learn the necessary skills to become an empowered leader
Recognition from the award is not only beneficial for the recipient, but also for the recipient’s organization. Following selection by a panel of industry judges, an announcement of the award recipient will be released to local media and posted on the HBA website. The 2014 recipient will be named at an awards gala on December 4, 2014 at the Buckhead Club, in Atlanta.
- The award is open to women who play a direct or related role in Atlanta’s healthcare industry.
- Current members of the HBA Atlanta chapter board of directors and the HBA Atlanta chapter advisory board may not be nominated.
- Nominee must be employed by an organization (not a sole proprietorship and/or consultant).
- Nominee should not be a human resources professional responsible for mentoring or promoting woman leadership or professional development activities.
All nominations will be reviewed by the judging committee, comprised of senior women from the Atlanta healthcare community. Finalists will be notified and selected by September 2014. Finalists will be expected to participate in a short video vignette for the awards program and ideally attend the awards gala on the evening of December 4, 2014.
Please contact Kimberly Ray, committee chair of the HBA Atlanta chapter Woman in Healthcare Leadership Award, for assistance or questions (404-303-2300).
The HBA Atlanta chapter would like to personally thank the 2013 Woman in Healthcare Leadership Award sponsors:
Grady Health Foundation
Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
Healthcare Program Advisors