Leadership opportunities available to help keep our members engaged and provide valuable feedback about the impact of our programs and services.
As a membership committee member, you have the opportunity to work with members at all stages of their engagement with the HBA. We talk with new members to provide an overview of the many ways to take advantage of their membership. We gather feedback from our members to shape programs and activities and in the process offer opportunities to build communications, data collection and analysis skills. Our members are critical to the chapter’s ability to understand what our members are looking for and communicating the potential value of the HBA to members throughout their membership journey.
The membership committee seeks help in the following areas:
- Recruitment and new member outreach
- Help develop the communication plan for prospective members
- Help us strategically connect with prospects at Corporate Partners to grow our membership.
- Work with corporate relations to deliver lunch and learns and/or to reach out to non-members inside of corporate partners to tell them about the HBA.
- Be the first voice to welcome new members and make them feel welcome.
- Staff the welcome table at events and serve as subject matter-experts on HBA-GP membership
- Member retention
- This is an excellent way to create one-on-one relationships with new people and expand your personal network.
- Communication of renewal notifications
- Help identify and execute retention campaign tactics
- Develop and implement a strategy for connecting with our members more regularly.
- Membership insights and analytics
- This is an opportunity to enhance analytical skills in a safe environment while strategically informing membership decisions.
- Work with market research to understand the needs of our members, why they stay, why they leave, etc.
- Identify membership insights, trends and areas for improvement
For information about the volunteer opportunities with the HBA Greater Philadelphia chapter, please email us and put “Volunteer” in the subject line.