The HBA HUB is here to help you be – and showcase – a better you. Registrants have six-month access to bite-sized content for bettering your brain, your being and your brand.
Build life-changing habits and boost your productivity
How do we train the brain to work like we do? Or is it the other way around? These bites will focus on all things productivity, time management, creativity and new ways to help you create more value in what you do and how you think.
- Best Online Purchases for Your #WFH Life
Furnishing your home office? Simply looking for enhancements to your day-to-day life while working from home? Let's take a look at interesting products you can find online to boost your productivity.
- Five Productivity Apps You Can’t Live Without
Learn about Apps and productivity tips to help you and your team automate actions so you get more time to handle your day-to-day, especially with the need to juggle both home and work. Your goal for this session: take away at least three apps/tips to implement and test out.
- Seven New Habits to Effective Team Collaboration
Right now, more than ever, it’s essential for teams to master collaboration and create habits that make them a lean, efficient project management machine! Join this discussion for cool collaboration tools and platforms, and creating key habits for team collaboration, especially when working remotely.
The 360-Degree Gender Sphere and the Six Strategies to Create Resilience (Awareness, Assessment, and Action Planning)
Presenter: Dr. Dawn Adams-Harmon, EBW healthcare consultants, Kean University
Abstract through research results, a new theory referred to as the 360-Degree Gender Sphere emerged and the 360-Degree Gender Sphere is a program that creates awareness of these all-encompassing barriers. The Six Success Strategies to Create Resilience were actual strategies that the female executives used to ascend. Purpose The 360-Degree Gender Sphere and the Six Success Strategies to Create Resilience Awareness, Assessment and Action Planning program is based on qualitative, transcendental, phenomenological research of female executives in the biotech and pharmaceutical sector, of STEM. This program sheds perspective on how these executive women were supported and encouraged to ascend and uncovered barriers to their ascendance which were encapsulating. The awareness component of the program shows actual research participants’ verbatim responses, which impactfully reveals the actual barriers the female executives experienced. The assessment module has audience participants take personal inventories to evaluate which of the six barriers are thwarting their ascendance. The last element of the program also includes verbatims and includes six separate action planning workshops that enable women to walk away with strategies and tactics to implement when returning to their companies.
- Understand the 360-Degree Gender Sphere and how these all-encapsulating barriers can impact their careers
- Evaluate which of the 360-Degree Gender Sphere barriers are thwarting their ascendance the most
- Implement the Six Success Strategies to Create Resilience Action Plans which will create a roadmap for individualized ascent
The High Energy Leader: Harnessing Stamina, Brain Power and Vitality
Presenter: Cathy Richards, owner, Inspiring Vitality
Mental and physical energy are crucial to business and personal success and yet many women leaders face burnout and fatigue. Improve energy and brain function for peak performance, increased stamina and improved quality of life. You will learn tools and inspiration that rejuvenate and elevate: mindset mastery that changes intermittent energy into lifelong vitality, metabolism magic that changes the physiology of weight gain, fitness shortcuts for any level of time commitment and motivation, rejuvenation factors that forever fix fatigue, superfood and movement secrets that equal energy, stress-busters that save your sanity and brain function facts that supercharge your life. Good for business, even better for you.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to identify positive and negative mindsets that spell success or roadblocks for maximizing personal energy and productivity and how to manage them.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to identify concrete strategies and realistic habits that will lead to increased physical and mental energy and increased productivity.
- After participating in the session, the learner will be able to improve their personal knowledge and empowerment about the positive and negative consequences of lifestyle factors both now and in the long term. They will leave with a renewed commitment and motivation that will lead to lasting change.
Develop the Leader in You, From Empowerment to Impact
Presenter: Amy Scialdone, PCC, CPC, ELI-MP, CEO/leadership development coach, The Empowerment Key, LLC
Now more than ever, how we develop ourselves as leaders is critically important to individual, team and organizational success. Establishing the right mix of personal and professional development capabilities are core tenets of success. ‘Develop the Leader in You’ always starts from within and is about tapping into the major asset we all have access to but haven’t fully recognized, ‘our energy’. Learning how we show up and the impact we have on others is paramount and is the one thing that truly sets us apart. In this session, we share the fundamentals of Energy Leadership™/Core Leadership Dynamics™ to meet HBA participants where they are on their career journey. Working through true experiences, you will be empowered with three key things:
- The knowledge and skills to begin to manage and enhance your energy.
- An understanding of how energy works for or against you with tools for how to breakthrough blocks which can hold you back.
- Strategies for how to maximize your energy as you amplify your leadership style and voice.
By focusing on the power of our core thoughts, which generate how we feel, we can choose how we act and the impact we have for success.
Learning Objectives provide the ability to:
- Recognize and identify the seven levels of energy and choose how you want to show up.
- Develop your leadership style and voice to become the best version of you.
- Manage your mindset to lead with intention, enhance your communication style as well as to engage and inspire others for success.
Improve your overall wellness: Caring for your mental and physical health
This is the time to take care of all of you – from the inside out. Our focus is to help you take care of yourself, your loved ones and to learn new habits that can create a better you. Our speakers will share tips on well-being, avoiding burnout, improving your happiness and self-love.
- Five Quick Stretches When Working From Home
We often do not have the same ergonomic equipment at home as we do at work. From poor posture to staying in the same position for extended periods, working from home (or just at a desk) can wreak havoc on your well-being. It is important to become aware first of how you sit and how you breathe. Join us to master some exercises to stretch the shoulders, neck, arms and other parts of the body.
- Relaxation Techniques: Simple Steps to Unwind
It's impossible to avoid stress in our daily lives but it's definitely possible to manage your response to it. This activity will focus on relaxation techniques that you can use in your day-to-day life to calm yourself in the midst of stressful situations. From meditation to quick chair exercises, we'll walk you through how to get started and then we want you to pick at least two to stick with.
- Working from Home Wellness Strategies
As you navigate this new world, working from home has become one of the most difficult challenges that we’re faced with. Whether you’re operating solo or homeschooling a handful of kids, we have expert wellness advice to help you stay motivated, feel energized and healthy in order to accomplish your goals one day at a time.
How to Prevent Workplace Burnout
Presenter: Carlee Myers, stress management coach, DAIS, CEO, The Stress Less Company
As a healthcare worker about to enter a post-pandemic world, you may have been pushed to your limit. Day after day, many of us have been asked to do what most people can’t. Although you may find your career incredibly rewarding, it can be difficult to watch countless people suffer and cope with the worry that your work is putting yourself and your loved ones at risk. You may have found yourself exhausted, overworked and burnt out. In this presentation, I will help you determine why you may be straining under the weight of your work and how you can remedy stress and burnout to find a sense of peace and healing even with a stressful job.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to discover exactly how their workload is impacting their stress levels.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to define the key differences between qualitative and quantitative overload leading to burnout at work.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to uncover what actions they need to take to remedy quantitative and qualitative work overload.
Using Self-Care to Become Your Best Version at Home and In the Workplace
Presenter: Maria Leonard Olsen, attorney, author, radio talk show host, mentor and coach
When you care for yourself, you can approach your work with more centeredness and confidence. Recharge and tap into your strongest, most powerful and effective self. Participants will learn how to shed what no longer serves them and to protect their well-being. Attorney, recovery mentor, radio show host and author of 50 After 50: Reframing the Next Chapter of Your Life, Maria Olsen will share her experience overcoming alcoholism, trauma, addiction to busy-ness and the pain of her divorce by using spiritual, mental, physical, social and emotional self-care strategies. Participants will engage in group exercises to enhance well-being and thereby increase productiveness and effectiveness. Barriers to self-care will be explored. Strategies include:
- de-stressing tactics for busy people
- breaking the cycle of negative self-talk
- reframing techniques
- cultivating contentment
- emotional regulation skills
- healthy social relationships
- intentionality about how you spend your time
- building connection
- responding instead of reacting, for sound decision-making
- injecting purpose and joy back into one’s life
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to identify and incorporate physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual self-care strategies that will allow her to operate at her most effective level.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to identify and overcome barriers to self-care.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to manage stress both inside the workplace and at home.
Focus on your brand to showcase your best self
Your brand is everything: it’s your voice, your actions, your credibility, how people perceive you and what you stand for. It’s not meant to be on the bottom of your to-do list. Glean from the advice shared in these sessions on how to be your own megaphone.
- Building Your Brand: What is Your Value Proposition
Whether you are seeking a new job or selling a product or service, what defines you above the rest? In order to help you stand out from the crowd, we will work to help you develop a plan to define your value proposition. We will take a look at barriers to client adoption and work on changing the focus of your messaging to “what problem are we solving.”
- Seven Engagement Tips to Use on LinkedIn™
LinkedIn™ is a must for all professionals. Walk away from this session with seven engagement tips to build a high-quality network, design an optimized LinkedIn profile that attracts your right audience and design a compelling brand story that reflects the highlights and value of your professional journey.
- Tips on Becoming a Better Virtual Speaker/Presenter
We’ve all had to transition from in-person meetings, events, and presentations to virtual ones in the past few months. It’s not a one-to-one conversion. From setting up your camera to adjusting the structure of the content you’re delivering, we’re sharing tips for you to keep your audience engaged in the virtual space.
Getting a Seat at the Table—and Owning It: Lessons from Women in Leadership
Presenters: Diane Allen, PhD, CEO, The SSI Group, Cally Christensen, regional development director, Hawes Group, Kari Cornicelli, FHFMA, CPA, executive vice president & CFO Phoenix Children's Hospital, Jacqueline Velilla, MHA, CMPE, vice president of MSO Services, Change Healthcare
Breaking the glass ceiling in healthcare isn’t easy: women comprise the majority of healthcare talent, yet just 13 percent of healthcare CEOs are women. But what is perhaps even more challenging for women than securing a leadership position is owning the role and amplifying their voice in the organization once they have a seat at the table. In this interactive panel discussion, Diana Allen, president and CEO, The SSI Group; Cally Christensen, regional development director, Hawes Group; Jacqueline Velilla, vice president of MSO Services at Change Healthcare; and Kari Cornicelli, executive vice president, CFO at Phoenix Children's Hospital presents practical insight on topics such as:
- conscious communication
- learning how to lead oneself and others through chaos
- networking and relationship building
- finding a sponsor
- micro-mentoring in the moment and on the move
Throughout this session, attendees will be invited to ask questions and share their experiences. There will also be time for networking.
- Identify common challenges women in leadership face in amplifying their voice in an organization once they have secured a leadership role.
- Discuss strategies for owning a leadership role, gaining buy-in and support from other leaders, and finding a sponsor.
- Explore why networking—internally and externally—is critical to long-term success and describe strategies for effective networking based on other leaders’ experiences.
Confidence in Times of Uncertainty
Presenters: Inna Glozman, head of IZE product, Analytical Wizards, Jaya Subramaniam, chief strategy officer, Analytical Wizards
During our lives and careers, we all face moments of uncertainty. Usually, these moments are incremental. Sometimes these moments of uncertainty are transformative. 2020 has certainly delivered a transformative disruption to our industry, in the wake of COVID-19. We can be confident as we go forward, there will be constant uncertainty. In this presentation, we will focus on the role of data and analytics at the time of uncertainty. While data science and data collection have been considered a fast-growing function in the commercialization of new therapies, the advent of COVID-19 and the havoc it has wreaked on the global economy and public health has forced an industry pivot that requires real-time, frequent review and analysis of the market and patient data.
- After participating in this session, the attendee will be able to manage uncertainty by using data judiciously to uncover insights.
- After participating in this session, the attendee will be able to scenario plan considering various assumptions
- After participating in this session, the attendee will be able to manage team preparedness for uncertainty
Say What?! How to Communicate Anything to Anyone
Presenter: Kathy Gruver, PhD, CHt, speaker, author and coach, kathygruver
Communication is key. But what happens when the people communicating are speaking different languages? Learn what type of communicator you are and how to reach across that divide to reach people who communicate in a different way. A combination of communication skills, NLP, improvisation and psychology will imbue the audience with new skills and understanding to make sure their message is heard, effective and productive. Whether between coworkers, team members, bosses or in front of an audience this workshop will up your game and allow you to accomplish more with less misunderstanding and confusion. This program is for anyone that wants to learn more about communication style, conscious communication, thinking on their feet, direct and inferred communication and how to get what you want with different personality types. Great for public speaking and one-on-one interactions.
- After participating in this session the learner will be able to identify the different types and styles of communication of self and others.
- After participating in this session the learner will be able to approach people using their language to get their message heard and their objectives met.
- After participating in this session the learner will be able to demonstrate ways to bring out your inner extrovert or tone down your energy to not frighten the introverts away.