Law Office of Nikki Johnson-Huston LLC
Nikki Johnson-Huston, Esq. is a tax attorney in Philadelphia with her own firm, The Law Office of Nikki Johnson-Huston LLC and spent over six years as an assistant city solicitor in the Major Tax Unit for the City of Philadelphia Law Department.
A 2004 graduate of Temple University Beasley School of Law, she earned a JD/MBA/LLM in Taxation in only four years. Nikki is a frequent speaker on how she overcame a life of poverty and homelessness to become a successful attorney. Nikki is a former member of the Philadelphia Bar Association Board of Governors, Board of Trustees for Project H.O.M.E and former co-chair of the Women in the Profession Public Service Task Force of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
Nikki started a mentoring program for high-school students interested in legal careers and has led numerous panels focused on increasing educational opportunities. A determined advocate for the homeless, Nikki is also an in demand inspirational speaker who shares her story with organizations around the country.
In 2015 she launched “Donafy”, a micro-philanthropy iPhone app that allows citizens to locate and donate to nearby nonprofit organizations that service people in need of emergency housing, food, medical care, mental health, job training, LGBT and Legal Services. The App also allows citizens an opportunity to notify a non-profit organization that a homeless person at that location is in need of services.
In addition Nikki has won several awards including:
- Mrs. Montgomery County Pennsylvania America 2018
- 2016 Philadelphia Business Journal Minority Business Leader Award
- 2016 Being Beautiful Foundation 2016 Pinnacle Award
- 2015 NAACP New Jersey Women in the NAACP-Frances D. Hooks Awardee
- 2015- PoWeR Award from the Professional Women's Roundtable
- 2015 Lighting the Path Awardee from Pathways PA
- 2014 Game changer for Black History Month by CBS3/CW Philly/KYW News radio 1060AM
- 2014 & 2012 Steppy Award- "One Step Away" Newspaper – "Honored for Homeless Advocacy"
- 2013 Pennsylvania Diverse Attorney of the Year by the Legal Intelligencer
- 2012 USA Eisenhower Fellow, where she traveled to India and New Zealand in September 2012 to work with women and children who were living in poverty
- 2012 Nation's Best Advocates: 40 Lawyers Under 40 by The National Bar Association
- 2nd Annual Fashioning Futures for Women Honoree by the Career Wardrobe
- 2011 Next Generation of Leadership: Rising Star
- 2010 Philadelphia Business Journal Woman of Distinction
- “10 People under 40 to Watch in 2010” by The Philadelphia Tribune
- 2009 “Lawyer on the Fast Track” by the Legal Intelligencer
- 2008 Craig M. Perry Community Service Award given by the Philadelphia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division.
Nikki has been featured in numerous media outlets including:
- Fox News “The O’Reilly Factor”
- MSNBC, AL Jazeera America,
- The Philadelphia Inquirer
- The Philadelphia Daily News
- WHYY “Radio Times with Marti Moss-Coane”.