Make a connection
Expand your professional network
Learn how to make the most of the conference from someone who has been there before
This year, the HBA is piloting a new program for Annual Conference attendees: Conference Connections
Attending the HBA Annual Conference is an exhilarating, energizing and inspiring experience. You’re surrounded by so many talented and inspirational women from across the healthcare industry and there are many events, activities and receptions to join. How can you make the most of your experience in Philadelphia? This new program answers that question.
The Conference Connections program is designed to help new and past attendees maximize their experience at the conference and forge new connections with others across the healthcare industry. If you have attended at least two HBA Annual Conferences in the past five years and are willing to share your conference acumen and networking know-how with others, register to be a Connector. Looking for pointers from a previous conference attendee who can show you the ropes before you arrive in Philadelphia? Register to be a Connectee.
This year’s pilot program is open to conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis with 50 spaces available. Based on Connector and Connectee feedback following this year’s program, capacity may be increased for future conferences.
Are you a Connector?
Have you been to at least two HBA Annual Conferences in the last five years? Do you have a desire to help other HBA conference attendees maximize their conference experience while enhancing their network (and yours)? And can you make the commitment to attend a one-hour pre-conference webinar that will offer you the guidance and support you need to be an outstanding Connector? Sign up to be a Connector.
- Create and capitalize on all the informal meetings and casual conversations that take place in the hallway and at social events
- Meet the movers and shakers; become part of the “inner circle”
- Be more visible and bring positive attention to your skills
- Attract opportunities by showing your character and competence
- Feel comfortable and authentic, whether you’re reaching out to people you don’t know yet or re-connecting with former contacts.
2017 Connectors include:
Pamela Bennett, Purdue Pharma LP
Jennifer Blanchard, Pfizer
Colleen Burns, CBM Group
Kelly Criezis, Medical marketing economics
Sharon Dilling, Conference Connections, chair
Sherry Fox, The Planning Shop
Elle Hamilton, INC/inVentiv Health
Gail Jaeger-Law, Everyday Health
Staci Jenkins, Thompson Hine, LLP
Gretchen Langan, QuintilesIMS
Rosa Lau, Roche Molecular Diagnostics
Delyn Long, Shire
Jaime Marks Corvino, KPMG
Lynn Nye, Medical Minds
Lynn Paolicelli, Clientality
Jessica Pfennig, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
Charlene Prounis, W20
Rita Ribeiro, Publicis Health
Monique Richards, Astra Zeneca
Kelli Rodriguez, Kamedis Inc.
Heather Van Ness, Van Ness Communications
Jennifer Whipkey, Novartis
Andrea Wilkinson, Wilkinson Consulting
Is it your first time attending the HBA Conference? Have you attended in the past but want to maximize your experience this year? Would you like to make a direct, personal connection with another conference colleague who can help you navigate all there is to do in Philadelphia? Sign up as a Connectee.
How it works - Connector/Connectee expectations
Connectors and Connectees agree to:
- meet by phone at least one time prior to the conference.
- attend the Connector/Connectee reception on Monday (6 Nov.) afternoon (which takes place after the pre-conference seminars end and before the opening reception starts).
- connect one other time during the conference for a 15-30 minute informal meet-up.
- cap off their experience by touching base one last time within two weeks of the conference ending to share thoughts, ideas and takeaways. Future connections and continued relationships are encouraged but are entirely up to the individuals.
There is a small additional fee ($25) for Connectors and Connectees to participate in the program.
How to register
To sign up for the program, add the “Conference Connections” program (Connector or Connectee) to your selections during online registration. Space is limited.
If you have questions about Conference Connections, please contact program chair Sharon Dilling.