This event is for director-level and above HBA members and employees of corporate partners. (examples: CEO, COO, CMO, CHRO, CPO, CIO, CHRO, CPO, owner, founder, partner, managing partner, president, VP, SVP, EVP)
The "I" – Inclusion – in D&I is evolving from an HR imperative into a business accelerator. “Inclusion” is now showing up as the newest lever for business expansion. Inclusive mindsets, business practices and leadership behaviors are opening new markets, fueling innovation and driving impressive business results.
Covid-19 has made 2020 an especially challenging year. With seismic shifts in the world’s economy and operating practices, it is critical that organizational leaders maintain their commitment to inclusive thinking and practices across all facets of their functional responsibilities. Operationalizing this commitment enables leaders to fully optimize the opportunities available with current market dynamics, customer relationships, new ideas and the talent pipeline.
The HBA’s 2020 Building Better Business Connections (3BC) executive program is designed as a day to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and experience supporting the application of an inclusive mindset across our corporate partner executives. The program will provide participants with research, data, leadership perspectives and examples to support continued and/or expanded leverage of inclusivity as a deliberate business strategy.
Program segments will collectively:
- Demonstrate the impact inclusive practices have on innovation and business results using examples from across the industry.
- Provide ‘the business case’ for inclusivity, the facts and figures leaders need to raise awareness within their teams.
- Dissect the characteristics of inclusive leaders and provide techniques to further develop required traits within self and teams.
- Encourage the realization of the role of “inclusivity” in an emerging new era of leadership
Subject matter expertise, industry research and real-world examples will be shared throughout the program from Deloitte, Microsoft, Takeda and other HBA corporate partner executives using a mixture of topical briefings, panels and small group discussions.
Speakers include: (Additional speakers TBA)
- Emily Basca, president, PEMC, Inc.
- Susan Childs, principal managing partner, strategic workforce and business dynamics, LCA Enterprises Limited
- Erin Clark, managing director, Deloitte
- Laurie Cooke, president and CEO, HBA
- Amy Crolius, chief operating officer, Healthcare Businesswomen's Association
- Karen Dale, District of Columbia market president/CEO and chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer, AmeriHealth Caritas
- Debbie Donovan, VP, environment, health and safety, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Nicola Greenway, SVP and head of HR, manufacturing supply and quality, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Tamika Jean-Baptiste, global head of diversity, inclusion and belonging, Amgen
- Sandy Kennedy, VP, global head – regulatory compliance and quality assurance, LabCorp
- Francis Lo, chief people officer, Adaptive Biotechnologies Corp.
- Afyia Miller, manager, advanced analytics immunology, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
- Tracy Picon, senior director, business development and strategy, health and life sciences, Microsoft
- Josh Schoeller, CEO, healthcare, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Leo Sheridan, CEO and president, Advanced Group
- Soo Son, head, R&D operations business transformation office, GSK
- Sophia Zeinu, human capital manager and NextGen solutions lead, DEI consulting practice, Deloitte
Thank you to our sponsors: