Each year the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association offers a one-day leadership institute to train the boards of its 15 chapters and affiliates in nonprofit association governance and leadership. The curriculum includes a full day of knowledge sharing and training designed to address the essentials needed for effective board leadership and enhance professional and person leadership acumen. It is scheduled the day prior to the HBA Leadership Conference.
This day-long training covers:
- Non-profit governance: US Federal requirements including CAN SPAM; IRS form 990; annual business meetings
- HBA mission, vision, bylaws, offerings, constituents, and financial health
- Expectations for service on a non-profit board: duty of care, duty of loyalty and duty of obedience
- Panel discussions on best practices, strategic imperatives and the strategic plan
- Training for specific board roles in membership, corporate relations, marketing and programs including committee development, succession planning and board effectiveness.
- Networking with more than 150 HBA leaders at the chapter and corporate level
The Leadership Institute is an exclusive benefit for HBA chapter and corporate board members. The Leadership Institute is complimentary (no registration fee) and to underscore the importance of attendance HBA offers partial funding for chapter board leaders to travel to this event.
For more information on this event or serving on a chapter board please contact Barbara Bull.