Leadership in Practice
Leadership in Practice
What type of leadership model do you need to succeed in the 21st century?
Details for the 2013 program will be posted soon on this page and in the HBA weekly eBulletin.
The HBA is excited to offer you the acclaimed Leadership in Practice (LiP) program to further develop the HBA leader in you.
- explain how your sense of purpose is an essential element of leadership and equanimity under duress
- examine your leadership effectiveness and how you currently self-manage your behaviors
- distinguish the leadership behaviors that you need to develop or behaviors that you want to enhance
- uncover principles and strategies that you can apply to achieve equanimity under duress when faced with the inevitable challenges and disappointment
- and more
2012 LiP program
The 2012 virtual program was divided into modules featuring the following HBA industry thought leaders:
- Carolyn Buck Luce, 2012 WOTY, global pharmaceutical leader, knowledge and industry, Ernst & Young LLP
- Deborah Dunshire, MD, 2009 WOTY, president & CEO, Millenium: The Takeda Oncology Company
- Charlotte Sibley, 2008 WOTY, president, Sibley Associates, LLC
- Meryl Zausner, 2007 WOTY, VP & chief financial & administrative officer, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Catherine Sohn, PharmD, 2003 WOTY, president, Sohn Health Strategies
- Diane R. Summers, president, Horizon Leadership Strategies, Inc.
- Gerrie Dresser, president, Success Associates
Program features included:
- New on-demand self-guided option so you can attend the online program, anytime-anywhere
- Downloadable modules, worksheets and resources to guide the learning experience
- On demand podcasts featuring HBA WOTYs and coaches to provide motivational context for each module
- Weekly online chats (scheduled several times each week) to enable peer mentoring
- Closing panel with senior industry leaders providing a pull through of the six-week learning experience
- Scheduled meeting at the 2012 HBA Leadership Conference in Orlando
Here is a recap of what participants said about the 2011 inaugural program:
“This program exceeded my expectations!!”
“Perhaps the best, most applicable leadership training in which I have participated.”
“This is a very nice format to learn- especially for those of us that travel for work and have difficulty attending live meetings. Thank you for doing this program!”
“This was a phenomenal program and I appreciated the access to executive women from the HBA who provided such wonderful insight through the online chats.”
HBA's official virtual platform provider